Friday 31 August 2012

Review! Maybelline New York Colossal lash mascara volum' express

After a long hard search for a new mascara, I finally settled for the Maybelline New York colossal lash volum' express.  I snapped it up for £7.19 in a Boots drugstore and thought I'd give this product a review on my blog :) Yay! This is my first ever review so if you have any suggestions/improvements  let me know! Anways, on with the show;


 
The packaging for this mascara is very bright in a canary yellow colour, and at first I was a little dubious about buying it because of the large brush. I usually opt for a smaller, comb like brush that is designed to lengthen, rather than volumise lashes. But, I decided to have a change and bought it anyway :D
 
This mascara is the best mascara I have used up to yet (even though I've only ever used two prior to this one :L) The big brush is easier to use than I first thought and gives an even coat of mascara on my lashes.  It is a versatile product because 1 coat adds enough length and volume to be suitable for a daytime look and a 2nd coat is more suitable for a night out as it gives an almost false lash effect to the eyes. I also noticed that the mascara seemed to curl my lashes upwards making them appear longer which is another plus for this product. The mascara wears well too, I've been wearing it all day today and none of it has smudged/rubbed off. AND IT'S NOT CLUMPY!!!! WoopWoop
 
 
 
You can see the effects of the mascara in the photos above. Sorry if the quality is poor, these were taken on my mobile and it doesn't have auto focus.
 
The only issue I have with this mascara is that extra care is needed when applying coats to your bottom lashes because the brush is so bulky, the formula can get on the skin under your lashes. But other than that, this is a great mascara and I would recommend it to anyone.
 
Overall I give this mascara
 
4 out of 5
 
Because it does what it says on the packet and is pretty impressive for a drugstore mascara. The only issue was applying to the bottom lashes.
 
Hope you enjoyed reading my review, I enjoyed writing it :)
 
I'll post again soon!
 
Caroline
x-x-x-x-x

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment